Posted by : Unknown Monday 15 July 2013

All my china is white and blue, and placemats or table cloths are either white or... white & blue.


Believe it or not, until yesterday I didn't have coasters. Which means rings on the tablecloths and high chances of rings on my wood kitchen table.





Love knots. Love blue. Needed coasters.


And since I already have already a nautical trivet... might as well keeping the same theme.

I even made (a two minute project) napkin rings with the leftover cord! 


And if you are into dressing up your table for the Holidays... 
you can always think of making these using 

a gorgeous metallic cord :)

how to make a round plait or a 5 bights turk's head knot: tutorial

To make these coasters, I used about 3 yards or 4mm nylon utility cord each;
but made few adjustments... because the result was something like this... which took me a while to get to the desired shape.



Here's what I did:


once I got my shape right, I draw the outline on a piece of paper

This will come handy for few reasons:
* will speed up the process of getting the knot into the perfect shape;
* will help the process of making several coasters with the exact same dimensions.

Then I followed the steps, and used masking tape on each of the bights to keep my cord in place (also nylon rope is really slippery and the tape comes really handy).



Once I got to the end of all 6 of them, I finished them on the wrong side:


cut the two ends of the cords making sure that the ends will be hidden under the knot


melt the ends with a lighter


sew the two ends using a matching thread


this is how the back looks once done!

Because I used nylon cord (which again, is REALLY slippery), I sew few stitches all around the knot to make sure that won't get messy.


Original Post: http://www.inspirationrealisation.com

{ 1 comments... read them below or add one }

  1. please change your post using only one or two pictures from my original post - you are copying all the content and this is NOT OK! after the post you can see my policy: "Blogs/Websites may NOT repost my blog content without my express permission.
    My tutorials and photographs belong exclusively on MY BLOG. They are my intellectual property.
    I've spent countless hours making these projects and I don't want them living on someone else's site.

    HOWEVER, linking to my project is perfectly fine and I encourage it!
    Those who link to a project of mine are welcome to take one or two photos
    and link each photo back to that specific post." thanks, Donatella

    ReplyDelete

Dear Visitors

If You Like This Blog Please Comments Your Words...!

Translater

Popular Post

Labels

Art (7) Basket (1) Belt (1) Beverage Coasters (1) Binding (2) Bird Feeder (2) book (3) Bottle (1) box (2) Bracelet (1) Bulb (2) clay (2) Colors (1) diy (38) Dot (1) Egg Carton (4) Envelopes (1) Flower (6) foam (1) Frame (1) Gift (4) Glue (1) Gold (1) Holder (1) homemade (37) how to (21) jeans (1) Jewelry (1) keychain (4) Lamp (1) Lantern (1) Leather (2) Letters (1) Light (1) Metal (2) Necklace (2) paper (13) pen organizer (1) phone book (1) Plaster (1) Printmaking (1) recycle (26) Rug (1) Sample (2) scrapbook (1) Straw (1) Stripe (1) T-Shirt (2) Tags (1) Tiny (1) Toilet (6) Trivet (1) Tutorial (23) upcycle (2) Wall (1) Wallet (1) Washi Tape (2) Waste (2) Yarn (1)

Blog Archive

Infolinks In Text Ads

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

- Copyright © Do it Yourself | Homemade | Recycle -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -