Posted by : Unknown Saturday 27 July 2013

Instructions
You Will Need
o    Glue
o    Scissors
o    Spray Paint
o    Bobby Pin(s)

1. 

Gather your supplies. For this project, I used plain old toilet paper roles, (the number you need depends on what design you decide on for your project, mine used around 13 I think...) glue, and a bushed metal appearance spray paint.

2. 

Crush your toilet paper roll in half, and cut it crossways. You could measure if you like, but I just guess-timated based on the look I was going for. For my project, each toilet paper role yielded 6 "petals".
3.    

3. 

Keep cutting until you've got tons of these, the basic unit for your piece. 
<-----------
4.    

4. 

Begin glueing the "petals" together. How you do that depends on what kind of pattern you're going for.
5.    

5. 

I found that using bobby pins (any type of clip would work too) to hold my pieces together was helpful. It gave the glue between each segment a chance to dry while I continued glueing...
6.    

6. 

Since a 5 petal flower shape was the basis for my piece, this is what most of my base units ended up looking like. After I made a bunch, I glued them all together in a pattern I liked, and also added a few other viney/leafy looking segments here and there.
7.    

7. 

Once you're happy with how your piece looks, time for spray paint! (I used a metal finish paint, but any color will do!)
8.    

8. 

Wait until it dries, and you'll have something like this! (Please note I didn't spray paint every piece individually, this is just an example I did for the tutorial. When I actually made my wall art, I glued the entire thing together first, then painted it as a whole.)
9.    

9. 

You're done! Now hang your new wall art wherever your little heart pleases, stand back, and admire :)
And you're done!

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Dear Visitors

If You Like This Blog Please Comments Your Words...!

Translater

Popular Post

Labels

Art (7) Basket (1) Belt (1) Beverage Coasters (1) Binding (2) Bird Feeder (2) book (3) Bottle (1) box (2) Bracelet (1) Bulb (2) clay (2) Colors (1) diy (38) Dot (1) Egg Carton (4) Envelopes (1) Flower (6) foam (1) Frame (1) Gift (4) Glue (1) Gold (1) Holder (1) homemade (37) how to (21) jeans (1) Jewelry (1) keychain (4) Lamp (1) Lantern (1) Leather (2) Letters (1) Light (1) Metal (2) Necklace (2) paper (13) pen organizer (1) phone book (1) Plaster (1) Printmaking (1) recycle (26) Rug (1) Sample (2) scrapbook (1) Straw (1) Stripe (1) T-Shirt (2) Tags (1) Tiny (1) Toilet (6) Trivet (1) Tutorial (23) upcycle (2) Wall (1) Wallet (1) Washi Tape (2) Waste (2) Yarn (1)

Blog Archive

Infolinks In Text Ads

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

- Copyright © Do it Yourself | Homemade | Recycle -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -