Posted by : Unknown Wednesday 26 June 2013

blue jean pocket scrapbook

Toolbox

  • 1/4'' eyelets
  • blue jeans
  • pen
  • scissors
  • cotton duck natural canvas
  • pinking shears
  • Crop-A-Dile

First, you need an old pair of jeans. For this particular pair, we had already used the legs to makedenim pouches. I, of course, did not throw away the rest of the jean because I knew I would use those pockets for something. Now, use your scissors to cut those pockets out!
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
We now need a way to hold the book together.To make the “binding” of the book, I used 1/4” eyeletsfor the holes. Using eyelets or grommets with fabric is easy and fun. First, you want to place your eyelet where you want it to be on your fabric. Then, use a pen to outline the circle so you know where you need to make the hole.
Blue_Jean_ScrapbookBlue_Jean_Scrapbook
Use sharp scissors or an X-Acto knife knife to create your hole. Make sure the hole is large enough for the male half of your grommet to fit through. Insert the eyelet top (deep half) into the hole from the right to wrong side. On the first one I did, I did this incorrectly… oops! It’s not a huge deal, but I made sure to do all of the other grommets the correct way. Now, put the eyelet top on the anvil.
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
On the wrong side, place the shallow half of the eyelet over the center of the eyelet top. Insert tool in the center of the eyelet and hammer gently. The center of the eyelet will split outwards and secure it in place.
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
I placed my top pocket over top of my bottom pocket and marked the holes through the grommet so I would make sure they were lined up.
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
Now, it is time to make the pages for your book. I used some cotton duck natural canvas to make most of my pages. It is so versatile. You can sew on it, paint it, stamp it, adhere pictures to it and it doesn’t fray too badly! I traced the outline of my front pocket onto the canvas and then used mypinking shears to cut the page out. This gives it a nice edge and helps the fraying.
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
I made a denim page out of the leg of the jeans as well. You can pretty much use any material you want to make the interior pages: card stock, felt, vinyl, you name it!
To make the holes, I lined the page up with the pocket and made a small pencil mark through the grommet hole just like I did to make the back cover. Then, I took my Crop-A-Dile and made the holes.
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
I love how it turned out! I think I am going to use this one to document Little Jo’s first day of Kindergarten but I could see it being used for all sorts of occasions. These would also make neat invitations to a cowboy-themed party.
blue jean pocket scrapbook
Look, the pockets even still work. It fits a CD/DVD perfectly!
blue jean pocket scrapbook
blue jean pocket scrapbookblue jean pocket scrapbook
blue jean pocket scrapbook

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

Dear Visitors

If You Like This Blog Please Comments Your Words...!

Translater

Popular Post

Labels

Art (7) Basket (1) Belt (1) Beverage Coasters (1) Binding (2) Bird Feeder (2) book (3) Bottle (1) box (2) Bracelet (1) Bulb (2) clay (2) Colors (1) diy (38) Dot (1) Egg Carton (4) Envelopes (1) Flower (6) foam (1) Frame (1) Gift (4) Glue (1) Gold (1) Holder (1) homemade (37) how to (21) jeans (1) Jewelry (1) keychain (4) Lamp (1) Lantern (1) Leather (2) Letters (1) Light (1) Metal (2) Necklace (2) paper (13) pen organizer (1) phone book (1) Plaster (1) Printmaking (1) recycle (26) Rug (1) Sample (2) scrapbook (1) Straw (1) Stripe (1) T-Shirt (2) Tags (1) Tiny (1) Toilet (6) Trivet (1) Tutorial (23) upcycle (2) Wall (1) Wallet (1) Washi Tape (2) Waste (2) Yarn (1)

Blog Archive

Infolinks In Text Ads

Powered by Blogger.

Total Pageviews

- Copyright © Do it Yourself | Homemade | Recycle -Metrominimalist- Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -